You will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you;
and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all of Judea and Samaria,
and to the ends of the earth.”
What is Confirmation?
Confirmation is the Sacrament by which Catholics receive a special outpouring of the Holy Spirit.
"Confirmation brings an increase and deepening of baptismal grace:
- it roots us more deeply in the divine filiation
- it unites us more firmly to Christ
- it increases the gifts of the Holy Spirit in us
- it renders our bond with the Church more perfect
- it gives us a special strength of the Holy Spirit to spread and defend the faith"
Catechism of the Catholic Church 1303
Details on Requirements
April 3: Class #1 (Parents and Candidate must attend)
April 10: Class #2 - Candidates only
April 24: Class #3 - Candidates only
May 1: Class #4 (Sponsor or Parent must attend with Candidate)
May 6-7: Confirmation Retreat at St. John's
May 15: Class #5 (Sponsor or Parent must attend with Candidate)
May 22: Class #6 & Rehearsal (Sponsor or Parent must attend with Candidate)
TBD: Confirmation Mass with Bishop Peter