You will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you;
and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all of Judea and Samaria,
and to the ends of the earth.”
Welcome to the 2020-21 High School Confirmation Program
At St. John's, it is our goal to accompany our high school confirmation candidates and to provide opportunities in which they can encounter our Lord and his extraordinary love in a powerful way while being strengthened in their faith by the gifts of the Holy Spirit.
We understand the demanding schedule of high schools students and have created a program that we believe is highly accommodating. At the same time, in order to ensure that the candidates are adequately prepared, it is imperative that they attend all of the classes and the retreat.
Please see the requirements below:
The St. John's Confirmation Program is recommended for high school students in their Sophomore year or older.
However, because Bishop Peter Christensen does allow Freshmen to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation,
we will allow freshman to participate in the program.
The requirements for Confirmation are as follows:
1) The Candidate must attend the six(6) Confirmation Classes in person unless sick or in quarantine.
2) The Candidate must attend the Confirmation retreat on May 7th-8th at St. John's Cathedral.
3) The Candidate and at least one(1) parent/guardian must watch eight (8) Episodes of the Chosen Video Series at home and go over the discussion questions together. The candidate will also be expected to fill out an online form for each episode. The episodes can be watched at any time at home.
The class times are on Sunday afternoon from 2:30pm - 4:30pm. Class location will be in the Parish Hall.
April 11: Class #1 (Parents and Candidate must attend)
April 18: Class #2 - Candidates only
April 25: Class #3 - Candidates only
May 2: Class #4 (Sponsor or Parent must attend with Candidate)
May 7-8: Confirmation Retreat at St. John's
May 16: Class #5 (Sponsor or Parent must attend with Candidate)
May 23: Class #6 & Rehearsal (Sponsor or Parent must attend with Candidate)
May 30: Confirmation Mass with Bishop Peter - 5 pm at the Cathedral
The total registration fee for the Confirmation Program is $90. This fee includes the class fee of $50 and the retreat fee of $40).
The registration deadline is: April 1st.
Confirmation is the Sacrament by which Catholics receive a special outpouring of the Holy Spirit.
"Confirmation brings an increase and deepening of baptismal grace:
- it roots us more deeply in the divine filiation
- it unites us more firmly to Christ
- it increases the gifts of the Holy Spirit in us
- it renders our bond with the Church more perfect
- it gives us a special strength of the Holy Spirit to spread and defend the faith"
Catechism of the Catholic Church 1303
The Confirmation Retreat
Dates: May 7-8 (Friday & Saturday):
This year, due to covid, the retreat will not be an overnight event. Teens will return home to sleep on Friday night and will need to return the next morning.
Times & Meals:
Friday: 6pm-10pm (dinner included)
Saturday: 10am -10pm (lunch and dinner included)
What teens can expect:
The retreat will take place at St. John's. During this powerful retreat, the candidates will engage in fun games and teambuilding activities, will listen to impactful testimonies and talks, participate in meaningful small group discussions and experience powerful moments in prayer.
Questions?: Please contact Johnny and Lorissa at email@example.com.