Safe Environment Training &
At St. John's Cathedral, it is our highest priority to ensure the safety, well being and protection of the youth we serve as well as the adults on our team. All those wanting to serve on or team must be up to date with our Diocesan Safe Environment trainings, policies and background check.
The Diocese of Boise, in compliance with the U.S. Bishops’ “Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People”, has established training programs for children, youth, parents, volunteers who work with youth, and employees. For information on Safe Environment Training, contact Veronica Childers at (208)350-7556 or VChilders@rcdb.org.
Please log onto CMG Connect at https://boise.cmgconnect.org/ to view training schedule in your area. The training schedule can be found under Live Events. If you are not able to find a training please contact your local parish or school.
new Core members:
If you are a new core team member and have never done a Safe Environment Training or Background Check with the Diocese of Boise, you will need to do the following:
1) Log onto CMG Connect at https://boise.cmgconnect.org and create a user profile.
2) Click on the Safe Environment RENEWAL Class (Looks like a blue business card) and take that 60 minute class with 3 segments.
3) Fill out and turn in the Background Check Form (pages 1 &2) to VChilders@rcdb.org.
(The St. John's Youth Ministry program will pay for your Background Check - you do not need to pay for it.)
returning Core members:
If you have already gone through the Safe Environment In-person class training and have completed a Background Check with the Diocese of Boise within the past five(5) years, you will need to do the following:
1) Log onto CMG Connect at https://boise.cmgconnect.org and make sure you have a user profile. If you do not have one, please create a profile.
2) Make sure you are up to date with your yearly training on CMG Connect.
Every year, all Core Team members must complete an annual training update through CMG Connect.
If you have any questions regarding the status of your yearly training, please contact Veronica Childers at firstname.lastname@example.org or 208-350-7556.