Safe Environment Training &
At St. John's Cathedral, it is our highest priority to ensure the safety, well being and protection of the youth we serve as well as the adults on our team. All those wanting to serve on or team must be up to date with our Diocesan Safe Environment trainings, policies and background check.
The Diocese of Boise, in compliance with the U.S. Bishops’ “Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People”, has established training programs for children, youth, parents, volunteers who work with youth, and employees. For information/questions on Safe Environment Training, contact Veronica Childers at (208)350-7556 or VChilders@rcdb.org.
new Core members:
If you are a new core team member and have never done a Safe Environment Training or Background Check with the Diocese of Boise, you will need to do the following:
1) Log onto CMG Connect at https://boise.cmgconnect.org and create a user profile or sign-in if you already have an existing account.
2) In the middle of the screen you will see “Find Your Diocese” from the pull down menu look for BOISE….then hit GO
3) Please select Safe Environment Face to Face Training (green button)- this will prompt you to view and acknowledge the Diocesan Policies, after which you can register for the training workshop in your area
(The St. John's Youth Ministry program will pay for your Background Check - you do not need to pay for it.)
returning Core members:
If you have already gone through the Safe Environment In-person class training and have completed a Background Check with the Diocese of Boise within the past five(5) years, you will need to do the following:
1) Log onto CMG Connect at https://boise.cmgconnect.org and make sure you have a user profile. If you do not have one, please create a profile.
2) Make sure you are up to date with your yearly training on CMG Connect.
3) If not- Select A. Safe Environment RENEWAL video (blue button). Once you begin this training program, continue until you are given a 100% completion. You will not be awarded a certificate until you have successfully completed the training curriculum.
4) Notify Veronica Childers at firstname.lastname@example.org or 208-350-7556 to let her know you have completed your training.
**Every year, all Core Team members must complete an annual training update through CMG Connect.